Sunday, December 6, 2009

Updates | Into the future and beyond.


 New Posting Schedule:
Now that NaNoWriMo is over I will not be posting on a semi daily basis. However, I do want to post on a regular basis.  Currently I am thinking of a Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday schedule.  Blogs will go up sometime in the evening.  We’ll see how that works out. 

Reviews:
We are going to expand our horizons a little beyond books.  There are a lot of different means for telling a story, and while I don’t want to be a jack of all trades blog, I do want to explore story telling means. 

First off, we will be moving into the realm of web comics.  You get to read with the added bonus of visual content (pretty drawings).  I have found a few highly addictive ones that I will be sharing with you soon.    

Furthermore, I am going to be participating in Script Frenzy in April.  So between now and then I will be reading some scripts and watching them to see the translation from page to screen.  This means, I will also be bringing you the occasional movie review, TV review or Play review.  Keep in mind some of them may just be a rant on plot holes because I do need an outlet to express my disappointment in video media story telling. 

Writing:
I still need to finish my first draft of my NaNoWriMo novel.  I am hoping to be done with the draft by mid January.  I am estimating a word count around 150K.  Therefore, I will be participating in the 1000 words a day challenge to help me meet my goals.  Or in my case slack for a few days then make a comeback and write 3000 words in one day. 

When I get into the editing phase of my manuscript I will take you along for that ride.  Posting about helpful tricks and websites and books.  Until then we’re still slogging through the rough draft.  So, I will continue to post in regards to self realizations regarding writing techniques and habits; what works for me and what doesn’t.  Hopefully this may someday help you.  Or you’ll just get a good laugh. 

NEW e-mail address
Some of you may have noticed that I have changed my e-mail address for sending ARC’s too.  I wanted to divide my personal e-mails from my writing e-mails.    I also wanted my e-mail address to more accurately reflect my web presence.  Enjoy. 

Monetization:
This is touchy.  I want to be upfront with you and I don’t want to be scorned for it.  I have decided to start monetizing my blog.  I am doing okay financially at the day job, but I don’t have a lot of room for spending money.  Things are tight, but I am sure they are tight all around. 

Since I used to link to Amazon anyways for books, now if you click on the link and decide to buy something on your visit, I will get a teeny tiny percentage of that sale.  Truly it will most likely be re-invested back into the book market. 

Just to clear my conscious and to perhaps ease some concerns I will not have ads for teeth whitening or belly fat.  I find them invasive and that they ruin the continuity of a nice website.  Like swearing in a classy restraint.  All ads that will appear here will be directly in conjunction with the purpose of my blog (hopefully). 

Consequently if you would like to advertize hear please e-mail me at PiscesMuse(at)gmail(dot)com and we can discuss what you are looking to do. 


Thank you in advance for your understanding regarding all the new changes that I am hoping to implement.  Someday a facelift will be on the agenda.  Hopefully in the new year. 

0 Comments: